Wednesday, October 22, 2014

Another Wednesday Weigh-In


Yee-Haw! I'm definitely enjoying the downward trend!

I'm also enjoying my current eating "program"...that still allows me yummy things, like cake...if I plan for it.

I do miss diving head-first into a bag of tortilla chips with some delicious green salsa...but for now, the numbers on the scale are more important to me.

Yesterday wrapped up my 17 week WW program that I signed up through at work. After 17 weeks I was down exactly 10 lbs (I did NOT stick with the program the whole time!). So...at $93, I paid roughly $5.47 per pound lost and lost .6 lbs per week. I probably shouldn't look at it that way...because that way annoys me. The reason I signed up for it was for the scale accountability...and that did, for the most part, work. So...with that said...I re-registered for the next 17 week session. This session goes through February... which hopefully will keep me honest through the holidays. That is the intent, anyway.

If only I could lose "2 lbs a week" for the next 17 weeks...that would put me at 153...which would be money well spent! But...I know how I am and I know I'm up against the holidays...so I really can just "do my best"...and try to keep the workouts going strong and make the best of this next 17 weeks.

This last weekend I spent Friday and Saturday at an all-day conference at a hotel. To be honest, I didn't do so bad with the food on Friday until the conference ended...then the mental exhaustion seemed to lead to some very bad food choices. The second day I think my brain gave in to the "if it's there, you must eat it" ridiculousness and I ended up consuming a bagel with cream cheese at breakfast and several cookies throughout the day, even though I wasn't really hungry. If I had simply stuck with my protein shake for breakfast and the meat and cheese out of the sandwich they provided for lunch I would have been fine...but I didn't. Nobody to blame but me. The cookies weren't even that good...that's the killer part! I shouldn't waste precious calories on crappy food! UGH! I make some AMAZING cookies...that hotel version has NOTHING on my brown butter chocolate chip cookies...NOTHING!

So anyway, as usual, my food choices are going well throughout the week but off the rails on the weekend. Clearly this week I didn't do that much damage, so I'm not going to complain too much. I think the key for the weekends is limiting just how off the rails I go. If I can limit it to one or two meals instead of two entire days, that won't be so bad at all. Especially if I keep up the exercise.

Speaking of exercise...last 7 days not quite as successful as the previous 7, but I did get a good dose of HIIT in yesterday, which I am pleased with. I hope to get an hour of elliptical in this afternoon after work.

I just now, at 8:49 am, got hungry (I've been up since 6)...I'm trying to pay attention to actual hunger instead of just eating because it is time to eat. I'm not sure if this is ideal, but for right now I feel like it's an important step in getting back to band basics in as much as it is helping me to realize that the band does actually help me to not be hungry. I'm trying to be more "aware". The food plan for today is as follows:




Food
Cal
Prot
Breakfast
Cottage Cheese
90
13
Lunch
Asian Broccoli Salad with Chicken

270
15
Snack
Nugo Bar
170
11
Dinner
Spaghetti Squash and Meat Sauce
187
12
Snack
Peaches
52
0
Total

769
51


Seems kinda light...but I'm not very hungry right now so the thought of adding additional food at the moment isn't very appealing. At least I have wiggle room if I get hungry later. Also...I just discovered SparkPeople does some rounding up in the Protein column, because SP has the same amounts I have listed but totals out to 52 grams of protein for the day. Conspiracy!

I will post separately about the conference, because I want to personally "journal" about the experience. It was the Working 2 Walk Spinal Cord Injury Science and Advocacy Symposium put together by http://www.u2fp.org. It was fascinating, informative, and truly gave me pause to reflect on exactly how far I've come...and that I may have a story that needs to be told. I'm still internally processing it all, but I'm so glad I went.

That's it for now...I need to get to workin...

2 comments:

  1. You are doing great!
    Being away from home gets me too. I need my daily routine to stay on track, which is sad!
    I'm thinking about doing WW again. Doing it on my own is not working out so well for me and I really would like to avoid another surgery.
    Keep up the great work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good for you! Sorry I haven't visited lately - but it has been busy. I'm sticking with Wednesday weigh ins too-- so we are in the club together.
    I am so curious about your story! Please share… congrats on your great work, you're motivating me!!

    ReplyDelete