Thursday, October 9, 2014

Green Zone Greatness

This....this is how I remember it being.

I just walked to the cafeteria...not that hungry, but knowing that at some point I would be and my afternoon schedule was going to make it hard to get another chance to get lunch. Lately I've been pretty much exclusively getting my favorite salad, which is 2 oz chicken, 3 Tbsp kidney beans, 2 Tbsp bacon bits, .5 oz of walnuts, 2 tbsp. balsamic vinegar and 2 tsp olive oil, all in 1-1.5 cups of spinach...I'm addicted to this combination...but at 372 calories, it is calorically spendy for a lunch! It does pack 25 grams of protein though...and it's so yummy.

But today I wasn't feeling like having that...I wasn't even craving the combination of flavors and textures as I always do, whether hungry or not. I just felt like I needed some sort of fuel to get me through the rest of the day, but I didn't really care what. So I walked out of there with a cup of cottage cheese and an apple. All for the bargain price of 292 calories and 27 grams of protein. I love feeling in control of my hunger and food choices.

I must be in the green zone. It has been 1 month since my last fill. I think I'm at 7.25cc in my 11cc band. I hope this level keeps me in a good space for a while.

Scale was down this morning from yesterdays post...I hope that trend continues! All this WHILE including a piece of cake in my menu each day for the last few days. I've kept my calories under 1300 each day. If I can eat "one piece" every day....as opposed to 1/4 of a sheet cake every weekend, maybe I can make this work. That's my working theory, anyway.

Sore today from a workout yesterday. Hopefully I will get another workout in tonight when I get home from the office.

Baby steps....baby steps.

1 comment:

  1. Good job! Baby steps is right-- how are you doing this week??

    ReplyDelete