Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Happy birthday to me…


I got the job. J  I start on 3/25. Just signed the official letter yesterday.

For those keeping score, this process started on DECEMBER 17th with my first phone interview…it took THREE months, one phone interview and THREE in person interviews to get through this. In that time I have stress-eaten my way to oblivion as I second guessed myself after seemingly un-ending weeks of no contact. LOL…seriously, this was worse than dating.

But I got it.

I’M SO EXCITED!

Also, I am celebrating my 39th birthday this week.

I have decided that I want to reach my goal weight of 145 by my 40th birthday…so I have some work to do in the next year. I believe it can be done, as long as I get back into a good routine. My new commute is going to SUCK…but it does NOT mean that exercise is not possible…just more important than ever to figure out how to schedule it in. Also…my new company has a gym on site…so it REALLY can be done!

I’m also hoping to move when my 90 day probationary period is over…and if all goes as planned, that move will put us into a MUCH nicer area, instead of the semi-ghetto I live in now. I’m a little jaded right now…the park across the street from my house got tagged with gang-related stuff 2 nights ago…first time it’s been hit in a few years. They also got a corner house of a little old lady…makes me SO MAD! It makes the prospect of moving in 3-4 months SO MUCH MORE enticing!

2 comments:

  1. Congrats and happy birthday to you!
    Great news.
    Hey, your profile here says your goal weight is 160...time to update?
    Best of luck with the move. I grew up in the inner city and have since moved to the other side of the tracks. I know how you're feeling!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah...I should update that. I was going to try to get to 160 and then "re-evaluate" my goal, but at 176 I know for sure 160 wasn't quite where I wanted to be. It wasn't horrible...just not quite there.

      Delete