Thursday, June 28, 2012

Ten Things Thursday

I want to try to get in on this every week...here's my first attempt:

  1. I'm not sure how I feel about this new blogger interface. I'm sure everyone else dealt with it some time ago...but since I'm a bad blogger, I'm just now getting around to noticing the changes. In general I like to think I'm a "go with the flow" kind of person...but I think the reality is that sometimes it takes me a while to adjust to the flow.
  2. I just polished off 2 servings of chicken PLUS a cup of broccoli. I bet I would have been ok with 1 serving of chicken. Why can't I get my brain to comprehend that even now?
  3. A dear friend is in the hospital. She lost site in one eye and it has since been discovered that it was caused by a blockage in her carotid artery that is now dissecting. I'm very concerned for her. She is only 50 years old, has 6 children and 3 grandchildren. I hope she will be ok.
  4. Scott comes back from his business trip in Philly tomorrow. So I have one more night to sprawl out like a bed-hog and enjoy the quiet in the house. The dogs whine in the mornings because Scott lets them sleep on the bed with him after I leave for work. Yeah...the dogs don't whine when he's not there. I guess they know that it won't get them anywhere with me. I so LOVE sleeping in without the incessant whining! I miss Scott...but I'm really going to miss the peace and quiet when he comes back.
  5. I leave for Washington DC in 2 weeks. Excited! I've always wanted to go there. It looks like it's going to be hot as hell though!
  6. I took 2 of the dogs for a lap around the park yesterday...and then didn't do the elliptical. :( I failed, again.
  7. Whenever Scott goes on a business trip he eats crap...and then the day before he comes home he professes that the exercise must start immediately upon his return. I got that text again today...I told him he needs to commit and not just say he wants to do it. Here's hoping we find a way to do this together!
  8. Planning a wedding without your mom is hard, emotionally. It's not impossible...but I do wish she were here to be a part of it.
  9. There is a desert social at my office today at 3pm...I plan on leaving at 3pm to visit my friend in the hospital. I think this is a much better use of my time and calories.
  10. We actually had 3 consecutive days of spring-like weather. Too bad it's summer. Too bad, also, that the rain is supposed to start again tomorrow. *sigh*

There's my 10. And...here's my food log for the day. I have a workout session with Mark tonight...thank heavens!

No comments:

Post a Comment