Monday, May 9, 2011

Warning! Hormones Ahead!!!

Full on weekend meltdown. Core reactor overload. It wasn’t pretty.

Saturday wasn’t too bad. I got up, had a protein shake to start the day. Ate relatively well through the remainder of the day…did about 45 minutes of a hard workout. So not too bad. Till that night anyway…

After midnight…I succumbed to peer pressure and a growling stomach and indulged in 3 mozzarella sticks dipped in marinara sauce and easily a serving or TWO of potato chips and onion dip.

But wait…there is more.

Sunday being mother’s day, I was apparently feeling a little emotional. I didn’t realize it till later though. I promised to make breakfast for my girlfriends…which I over-indulged on to start with….but then it was all down-hill from there. More potato chips and onion dip were involved…and so were an abundance of Oreos. And ½ of a skinny cow ice cream sandwich….and a serving of my pasta and meat sauce. There may or may not have been some M&M's...I don’t know the total calorie count…I stopped counting after inhaling the 4th Oreo. Clearly THIS is how I got fat to begin with. Incidentally…I don’t think a band adjustment would have made a difference on this day. I made poor food choices and grazed on those choices all day long. The only thing the band helped was breakfast and dinner.

I spent the entire day cooking and watching movies with my girlfriends. I didn’t get a single heartbeat of exercise in. I was a total slug.

I didn’t realize that I was feeling emotional till I went to bed though. At that point, I broke down and sobbed for about an hour and a half. I was a disaster. The whole missing my mom on mother’s day compounded by not being a mom myself as I had always wanted was just more than I could bare. I guess I had been emotionally eating all day and didn’t realize it. I dunno…

And then today…I got my period. A few days early…but it explains the epic meltdown yesterday and the water weight issues I was having last week even before my colossal inhalation of chips and dip.

My scale is at 231 this morning. I almost wasn’t going to bother weighing myself…but ultimately decided I needed to know just how bad it was so I could watch it come off. I know a couple pounds of that is still water from my salt infused binge this weekend…but there will be fatty repercussions…I’m sure of it.

On a happier note…I did do some power-cooking yesterday. Whipped up two packaged soups, oatmeal and pasta with meat sauce. My freezer is fully stocked again…so no excuses, right?

This is what the top shelf of my freezer looks like with all my 1 cup portions of food for breakfast and lunches. From Left to right you are looking at Authentic Tortilla Soup, Pasta with Meat Sauce, Potato Soup with turkey kielbasa, packaged Tortilla soup with added Chicken, Black Bean Chili and what’s left of my amazing Lasagna. The oatmeal is actually on another shelf all together.






Food Item

Calories

Protein

Fat

Carb

Authentic Tortilla Soup Broth

74

3

2

15

Pasta with Meat Sauce

322

17

11

43

Potato Soup with Turkey Kielbasa

229

9

8

29

Packaged Tortilla Soup with Added Chicken

145

16

2

20

Black Bean Chili

312

30

7

36

Lasagna

289

17

14

29

Steal Cut Oatmeal

150

5

3

27



This is how I procrastinate doing a workout on a saturday...I let my dog hold me down. He's so big and vicious...I couldn't dare move or he'd attack...I'm sure of it! :)



I don't adore this picture, but I think it will be a good future reference point. I took this today in all my bloated puffiness.

Oh how I hope for a better week....preferably one with a 5 pound water loss. A girl can dream, right?

3 comments:

  1. I'm sorry you had a hard day. It sounds like you're already back on track. Bad days happen. It is the ability to move on that really makes the difference.

    I think you look great! I love the leggings!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Look how flipping organized you are! We all have weekends like that. I am kinda surprised I didn't cause of the whole not being a mom. But I didn't...but back to basic and you are already there!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your freezer is amazing! I'm in awe.
    Sorry that Sunday was so hard.

    ReplyDelete