Saturday, January 29, 2011

Craptastic week

This week has been hectic, and I still don't have anything good going on at the scale. But...now that I'm branching out to different foods, I can say that while I have definitely NOT hit my sweet spot, I can say that I have a little restriction, which is nice. I'll keep chasing after the "g-spot" as I saw someone else call it...the spot that puts you in the "green zone" for eating, where you are satisfied by a small amount of food and not hungry for 3 to 4 hours....oh how I can't wait for that day.


As it stands right now, I can eat more than a cup of food, and I get hungry in about 1.5 to 2 hours...ugh. And, I'm losing momentum and not making the best food choices. This part is on me, I know. However, I am proud(ish) to say that when attempting to eat a "thin crust" chicken pizza (which has almost 70 calories less than it's "original crust" brother), I was done after 2 slices, and when I went out to dinner last night, I ordered chicken strips and could only eat 2 of the 3 and left 75% of the fries on the plate.


Last week I struggled so much with physical issues that I cut out my protein shakes and other protein supplements completely for a few days while I tried to figure out if they were the source of my week long "digestion issues"...which I still can't say for sure they weren't. But I need to start including those things again because they help me to feel full longer and they help me keep my total calories for the day lower. Still in search of the ever-elusive "balance"...


I'm still hormonally challenged...we are now on day 17 of my period...my boobs are absolutely killing me. They hurt like I'm pregnant (I'm not...I checked). My electrolyte balance fluctuates WILDLY depending on if I workout or not. I can't figure out what I need to take to keep it in balance when I do workout. I even had some morning nausea before eating/drinking anything. Plus I'm having all this pain from working out and my psoas being compressed again. I think I hit my "rock bottom" the other day as all of this began to be more than I could handle.


The good news is that I'm in physical therapy for the psoas and back pain, and as of today, the tummy issues seem to have been resolved. I'm going to try adding the protein shakes back in now though, because I need the extra protein. I'm not getting enough without the shakes.


I had a household plumbing emergency this week that ended up costing me about $1000...which was painful. It could have been (and still could be) so much worse though. I'm holding out hope that we found the problem and that my sewer line doesn't need to be replaced. The SMELL in my house from the moldy water in my crawlspace almost made me hurl the other day. We've been burning partylite candles 24 hours a day to mask the smell. I hope this dissipates soon. By the way...home ownership is a total sham....I wish I could go back to renting and let these problems be someone else's burden...but I'm STUCK in a house I owe more on than it's worth. Damn market. If this plumbing issue had in fact become a 10k plus sewer line issue, I think I would have had no choice but to walk away from the house. I let that thought sit with me a couple hours while I waited for the plumber to re-surface from the crawlspace to give me the final bill.


As the capper on my craptastic week, I went on a date last night with a guy from match. I wasn't super into him, but I had a nice time....right up until he asked to split the check. Now...this wouldn't bother me except that in his profile he said "let me show you how shivery isn't dead"...yes, ladies and gentlemen...he spelled it "SHIVERY". Not only is it dead...but it may have suffered a brutal murder. This guy asked me to dinner. I had suggested we meet for coffee somewhere and he said "would you like to go to dinner tomorrow night", which to ME is him asking me to dinner. I woulda been fine with coffee. So in my mind, if someone asks you to dinner, then they should be the one paying. If I had asked him to dinner, then I would have gladly paid....but he asked me...he picked the restaurant...and he is the one that claims he can show you how CHIVALRY isn't dead even though he can't spell it. So anyway, when he asked the waiter for the check, I turned my head just in time to see him signal to the waiter to split it in 2...when he saw that I saw that, he said "you don't mind going Dutch, do you?". I'm not one to argue with someone who just showed me where I stand.


But wait, there is more.


So...we split the check. He paid cash for his and took all his change leaving NO tip for his portion of the check! I couldn't believe it. Our waiter was fine...he checked up on us, was very courteous, seriously...no complaints. There was no excuse for him to not leave a tip. I felt so bad!


One might think that he asked to go Dutch because he didn't like how the date was going. One might think that...but then he said he would like to see me again. Yeah...I'm thinking no.


UGH...what a waste of perfectly good mascara.

No comments:

Post a Comment