Thursday, August 6, 2015

1 work day and the weekend left to go


  • I have all my pre and post-op meds in hand.
  • I have submitted paperwork to HOPEFULLY get time-off work approved with pay (uncertain till after the first week passes...that's not nerve-wracking at all!)
  • I'm in possession of a post-surgery compression bra.
  • I have scar oil and lotion on hand.
  • I have a rented lift-recliner being delivered tomorrow.
  • I have purchased protein shakes and bars to ensure I get the requisite 90 grams a day post surgery for "better healing".
  • The check to the surgeon has cleared the bank.
  • I believe (though not 100% certain) that I have passed all the pre-op stuff, including the cardiac clearance (the final piece I'm still waiting to hear on, but I'm assuming no news is good news?....ugh...I hate assumptions.)
  • I have been busting my ass to finish things up at work....I couldn't possibly be leaving at a worse time.
  • My husband has tuesday off work to take care of me. My mother-in-law, a retired RN, arrives on Wednesday to stay for 1 week.


  • And my band is being emptied tomorrow at noon.

Maybe I should have my husband take some before pictures tonight?

Am I forgetting anything?

6 comments:

  1. Ice packs or pea packs? Your favorite pillow and blanket? A good book or magazine? Preop pics (even if just for you). Preop measurements? I am excited for you! The first couple days are the worst...but it will be worth it! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh...I don't have measurements. I will do those this weekend. Thanks!

      Delete
  2. My husband did a bunch of naked ones last night, and a couple with panties and bra...but not sure I would want to ever share them. I was thinking maybe I should do some in a bathing suit or something to put on the blog?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bathing suit pics are a great idea!
    best of luck. Update when you can.

    ReplyDelete