Tuesday, May 19, 2015

Kismet

Current weight: 181.5

Low weight last week: 180.4, but it didn't last long. I think I was dehydrated. Sure was fun to see it for a minute though. :)

I'm a couple months into this Qsymia thing...and sad to say that while it is still working, it is no longer quite as effective as it originally was. But I'm not giving up on it. I'm just starting to notice cravings coming back again. Bummer.

No word from insurance on the surgery yet. I know...I know...it's only been a few days. A girl can dream, right?

On the job front, the job I interviewed for has been "put on hold" while the team goes through a "reorganization"...which I think means it's never going to happen. *sigh*

Meanwhile...the job my husband interviewed for...well...it appears he is still in the running. But...and that's a big BUT...

Apparently they interviewed FORTY applicants for the position...4 local and 36 from other stations that would have to be relocated (common for his line of work). We only know of ONE of the local applicants that got rejected (a well deserved rejection). The others either haven't been rejected or aren't talking about it. So since Scott hasn't been rejected, we are assuming he's made it to round 2 (though they haven't called him to schedule it yet). But holy cow...40 interviews? 40? Shouldn't they have narrowed the list down a tiny bit? Apparently it's a highly coveted position. All I can say is that I'm involved in doing interviews for my team at my job...I haven't done 40 in the 2 years I've been here...I can't imagine having to do 40 in the last few weeks. UGH.

In Facebook news, a new friend that has only known me since December commented just last night on my before/after photo (the one I use as my profile pic on here, actually), which of course brought it to the top of everyone's feed...which gave it new life. The pic is from 2012...but everyone is commenting on it like I posted it yesterday. Is there a way to shut that down so that people don't see that pic in their feed today? It's uncomfortable for some reason. I guess mainly because back in 2012 I thought it was more of a "look how far of come, nothings gonna stop me now" and then "SCREEACCCHHHH"....slammed to a halt and then sorta bounced up and down with the same 15 pounds for the next 3 years. I'm not super proud of that. I guess it could be worse. But I really just would rather turn the alert off of everyone's feed for today, if possible.

To add some photo-flair to this post, I got this dress from Gwynnie Bee...and then immediately had to purchase it. It was one of the better priced items at only $26. Too cute!



And then two more things...then I'll shut up, I swear. I mentioned a favorite podcaster in a previous post. Well...that podcaster has a group of fans that have started a "babycast" or "fancast", that I was interviewed as a part of the other day. I've never done anything like that before. It was a ton of fun. Maybe I'll post a link to it on here when it comes out...if I have the cajones to do so.

And on a related note...I might adopt another dog. If we are "the chosen ones".

So here's the story...

My new friend Shannon (mentioned above) and I were walking in the park near my house the other day when I spotted a dog from a distance that looked just like my dog that recently passed away. This was weird because my dog was a strange mixed breed that we were never quite able to figure out. So I said to Shannon that I wanted to get a closer look, so we walked in their direction and as we got closer it just was looking more and more like Peyton, only the coloring was different in that this dog had more white than black where Peyton had more black than white. I stopped the woman walking the dog to ask what his breed was and she responded exactly the same way we always responded with Peyton, which was "well, we really don't know. He's some sort of a mix...we think he might be a..." and then she went on to name a few breeds. Then she started to say how he was up for adoption and she was only fostering him.

Well...I don't know about you...but I'm all about fate and signs and stuff...so I had to know more. So we talked more about this little guy. Now, I know I shouldn't adopt a dog based on the fact that it looks like my dog that I just lost a few weeks ago. But I do believe that fate brought me to talk to this lady in the park with this dog that happens to look like my dog that I just lost a few weeks ago.

He is about 2 years old. He is very smart (perhaps one thing different than Peyton, who was not the brightest dog in the world). He has a wonderful personality. He was scheduled to be euthanized due to overcrowding in California but the shelter couldn't do it because his disposition was just to sweet so they sent him to a rescue organization up here in Seattle. He is excellent with kids and other dogs. He is very high energy and requires lots of exercise (we are used to this as Peyton was the same). We exchanged information and I went home and discussed with Scott. After all, we do still have two other furbabies at home...so we were not exactly in the market for another dog. But Scott is a dog lover...so he wasn't going to say no. This was really my choice.

So I put in the adoption request on petfinder and we have since had an in-home visit. Now we are waiting. There is one other family we are up against. So we shall see. If it is meant to be it will happen. The in-home visit couldn't have possibly gone better. In fact, I think Levi and Lily liked him better than they ever liked Peyton...they were more playful with him than I have ever seen them. EVER. The girls ran outside with him for about 30 minutes. They all wore each other out.

When the foster mom left, poor Cedara had a little mini-melt down, not quite understanding that she wasn't going to make the decision right there on the spot (I had told the girls that it wasn't our choice, but I guess I hadn't been clear that the decision wouldn't be made that very day...that was my mistake). But she worked through her emotions. Now...we wait.

Here's a picture of the two dogs. I say this boy (who we will name Kismet if we get him...he's the one on top) is the Yin to Peyton's Yang...



Weird, right?

He's really very sweet. But I'm sure he will be placed in the best possible home...so we will see what happens.

2 comments:

  1. Awe. Yes. I hope you get that little guy as well! And I love the word kismet and like to believe that things are meant to be. As for facebook, you should be able to go and find that photo and then make it private. I think that's the only way to make it not show up in people's feeds....without deleting it. But if you can't figure it out, you shouldn't worry about it. People can't remember what they saw on facebook for more than a fleeting moment anyways. Keep us posted.

    ReplyDelete
  2. He's adorable! I hope it works out.

    ReplyDelete