Thursday, October 30, 2014

Ten Things Thursday

1. I am currently wearing tights where I have had to literally tie knots in the waistband to keep them up. I don't think this is due to weight loss....I think they are just old tights and the elastic has give up the fight.

2. My weight this morning was 186.2. I know it's not an official weigh in day, but sure was nice to see the number on the scale. And then I re-read my old blogs...and while I MENTALLY remember getting as low as 175, I only posted (it seems) 181 as my low...so I'm not that far away from a weight where I was wearing some of my cuter outfits...and that feels nice. :)

3. My new active link from WW went through a run in the washer the other day...I look SUPER active during the time it spent in the agitation cycle.

4. Yesterday I ate 3 mini peanut butter cups. I accounted for it and still had a nice low-cal day overall...but still...three???

5. I went for a long walk across all three of our corporate buildings today simply to up the activity on my active link. It's a good indoor walk...problem is, I'm changing buildings Friday and won't be able to do this particular walk anymore. Bummer.

6. I still took my ambien last night. I decided with two major meetings today and tomorrow that this week wasn't a good time to be sleep-deprived. I will try Friday night.

7. I'm dreading buying Halloween candy for the house. So far I've been really good about not really partaking in candy the last couple weeks (aside from item 4 above). I just don't want it at home...and what's worse is we have the kids this Halloween, so we will have their loot to contend with as well. Ugh.

8. I'm trying to get my dad's estate wrapped up so I can disburse the money to my family before the holidays. It isn't much...but I know it will help them. I have NO IDEA how long this part of the process might take though...so I haven't told anyone. I don't want to get their hopes up. I keep hitting refresh on my email looking for notes from the lawyer...it's frankly a little obsessive.

9. My low back is not in a happy place today. It's starting to wear me down.

10. My friend who is not accustomed to watching her diet lost 3 pounds in the last week. I know she is struggling (she is a VERY picky eater who also doesn't eat most meat, so it is extremely hard for me to give her food ideas because she doesn't like much of anything). I'm happy for her. I had advised her to not worry too much the first week about cutting out calories and to focus more on being aware of what she was taking in (learn to weigh/measure, learn how many calories were in what she is "normally" eating, etc.), but she jumped right in with reducing right away. She immediately recognized that she was eating a LOT of cheese and ranch dressing. She sent me a text one day just "shocked" at how many calories were in a single serving of Ben and Jerry's ice cream. This is that "awareness" I wanted her to get...most people have no clue how many calories they are actually consuming. With the ice cream, most people don't even stop at one serving. I'm glad she is learning and hope her success continues.

No comments:

Post a Comment