Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Ahhhh....I needed that

1 CC put back in yesterday. I am on fluids till tomorrow morning...but I am very hopeful that I will start to feel the positive effects of being banded again soon. I need to...I'm a freakin blimp. My in-office weight yesterday was 191! My previous in-office weight one month ago was 179. UGH!!! I have two perfectly valid excuses for this though that I have to try to keep in mind:

  1. About 5 days ago I read that taking spironolactone was dangerous for a fetus so you need to be off of it if trying to get pregnant. We have been sorta trying to get PG for months but kicked it up a notch last month by taking clomid because my "fertile period" was right during our honeymoon...why not give it the "old college try". I read this info about spironolactone on a PCOS message board for women trying to conceive (I have PCOS). A lot of PCOS women take it for some of their PCOS side effects. I happen to take it as a potassium-sparing water pill in addition to my hydrocholorthiazide. As soon as I read that it was very dangerous for male fetuses I stopped taking it. My scale jumped 3 lbs by the end of the next day.
  2. Yesterday was the first day of my period. That ALONE can account for 5 lbs on me, easily...sometimes more. Obviously, I'm not PG. :(
In the mean time, my clothes are tight, I feel like I look aweful (I'm sure this is just me), I keep getting blisters on my feet from my shoes because my feet are so fat right now....I'm just so over it.

But now I have 1 of my 2 removed CC's back, so hopefully I will feel my appetite start to decrease soon. Thanks to Lap Band Gal for posting this article, which I had read a year or more ago but needed the refresher today.

I'd post my menu for today, but it is woefully boring. Protein Smoothie, followed by a protein shake, then another protein shake...and then maybe a protein shake. On to mushies tomorrow!

Oh...and I have not had a single painful back/leg/hip/whatever you wanna call it spasm in 24 hours now. BLISS!

I'm off to physical therapy.

No comments:

Post a Comment