Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Refocusing


I really enjoyed going to the support group last night and am looking forward to going again in two months. Unfortunately I just realized that I can’t go next month because I’m flying to Washington DC that day for a work conference. POO!!!!

 
Last night at the support group I set 2 goals for myself to work on in the next month. I’m adding a third here today:

 
  1. Make my home “safe”. I’m having big issues right now with buying foods that I think I can eat “in moderation” and then binging on them. I need to just not buy them, period. So that is my first goal…not allowing the problem food into my home.
  2. Take my weekends back. Since I started dating Scott, my weekends have been consumed with bonding with the girls, entertaining the girls, giving quality time to the girls. I’ve lost giving myself that one hour of quality time, except for the occasional Saturday training session with Mark. Raising kids is absolutely exhausting work…and I only do it 2-3 days a week. But I need to take those 1-2 hours for myself back on weekend days so that I can bring up the number of days in total I’m working out each week.
  3. I need to blog at least once a week. I lost ground here. My future step kids, my future husband, my upcoming wedding…it has all been a lot to work into my schedule. Things got dropped. But I need the accountability. I need to post my silly pictures of my workout log for the month, and my lunch box for the day. I need to participate in this process again. So…here we are in June…this is blog number 2. No more of this 1 blog a month crap….it’s time to step it up.

So…just to get things kicked off in the right direction. Today is Wednesday…I have successfully worked out 3 days in a row this week. My weight is down to 180.2, even after dining out at a Thai restaurant and enjoying a very small piece of chocolate cake yesterday. My meal breakdown was like this:

 
Breakfast: Protein shake (30)

Snack: ½ cup Cottage cheese (14)

Lunch: 3 chicken skewers with Thai Peanut Sauce and one very small slice of chocolate cake (24)

Snack: String cheese (6)

Dinner: Protein Shake and Broccoli Salad (35)

Snack: 4 bites of Scott’s steak taco (8ish?)

Indulgence: Single Reese’s PB Cup

 
Total calories for the day 1400 (I might have counted the chicken skewers too high though), total protein, around 117 (I’m actually getting a higher reading on sparkpeople, but their broccoli salad count is wrong and again, I think I counted the chicken skewers too high). Incidently, the reason for 2 protein shakes is not at all because of any tightness issues...it's because I'm actually trying to keep my protein counts relatively high, so I'm using them as a supplement. They also make packing my lunch VERY easy.

 

The 4 bites of Scott’s steak taco thing is becoming a nightly tradition. Early on in our relationship he got hooked on my “chicken quesadilla’s”…which I just couldn’t keep doing because that was a lot of calories to budget in each day. He is currently doing his version of low carbing, which he does with the occasional use of this product:

 

Personally…I think this product is “too good to be true”. I mean, a full size tortilla for only 71 calories, with 17 grams of carb and 12 grams of fiber? Come on…can’t be! I’m waiting to learn that this has been grossly mislabeled. But in the meantime, I’ll enjoy our nightly ritual. The taco consists of the wrap, some carne asada that we buy frozen at walmart, some shredded cheddar cheese and hot sauce. This crap is delicious. I don’t know what my 4-5 bites are costing me exactly…but I save a couple hundred calories for the end of the day to enjoy this with him. For what it’s worth, this is the meat we are using and it’s nutrition info:
 


 

 

 
Today I started marking my workout days in my calendar again…so hopefully I will have a June full of pink dots. We are 13 days in and I already have 8ish (one day I sorta counted because I walked around some trails for an hour or two…not really a workout, but I wasn’t sitting still, so I’ll count it.) I have a big weekend coming up that will have its own challenges. In order to give the kids’ mom a chance to leave town for a camping trip early, I have agreed to watch the kids on my own all day Friday while Scott is at work. Finding the time to work out on this day might be extra challenging…but we’ll see. Saturday we have the kids’ first Gymnastics class and then we are taking them to a friend’s house for a BBQ…so I gotta not only find time to squeeze a workout in, but also have the added challenge of BBQ food. I will try to keep the calories low in the early part of the day so that I can enjoy a little food at the party that night. Sunday being father’s day…well…we’ll see.

 
One week from Friday I’m having a “wedding dress foundation garment fitting”…so I need to not mess around right now. I can’t spend a bunch of money on a bra I’m only going to wear 1 time only to have it not fit. No pressure, right? Oy.



 

 

 

 

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment