Wednesday, April 25, 2012

*burp*....oh....excuse me

All filled up and frankly a little nervous. I mean…the restriction feels great, but I don’t usually “notice” a fill for a couple weeks. I just had my fill yesterday morning, and I am already noticing that I can no longer inhale large quantities of water like I used to. Plus…I’m very burpy. This is going to be interesting to when I finally go back on solid foods.


This is what I wanted though…I need a period of time where I’m a little more forced into taking smaller bites and eating smaller quantities. But if Frito Bandito holds true to form and really kicks in hardcore in 2-3 weeks, I might be in for a world of hurt. Nothing left to do but wait I guess.

On the bright side, the scale at my doctor’s office was only up 4 lbs since January (that is when I had my 1 year check-up, my last fill was November 28th). Kat was very pleased with my progress, even being up 4 lbs, so that made me feel good. I also saw staff from other parts of the clinic that I go to that were extremely complimentary. Then I came to work and continued to get MORE compliments from random people…so maybe I should wear this outfit more often?

Kat wanted to go “aggressive” with this fill, but I said I just needed a smidge, knowing that I can still manage to get myself into stuck situations. We went with 1/2 cc, putting me at I think 7.5 cc in my 11 cc band. I don’t want to get to a point where I’m completely cutting out food groups…my intent all along was to attempt to eat as normal a diet as possible for as long as possible. I don’t want to be doing shakes and mushies for the rest of my life…I want to eat. Just maybe not so much and definitely not so often. Man, last Thursday was INSANE…I managed to eat my ½ cup serving of lunch, my mid-day snack, my ½ cup serving of dinner and my evening snack, all before dinner time…I felt ravenous. All of those meals were very high protein, so it was ridiculous to be feeling that way. I’m looking forward to some more stable times in the coming weeks.

I’m getting back to basics. I plan on following the guidelines like I should have been all along:

• ½ cup food per meal, no seconds
• Protein first (I had been experimenting with eating fruit…I think that was causing me serious hunger issues. Time to cut that out again for a while)
• Small bites, take ½ hour to complete a meal
• At least 90 grams of protein a day

I’m back in the saddle again…shooting for the green zone.

No comments:

Post a Comment