Thursday, December 8, 2011

Shrinking waistline and growing family

December 2010
December 2011
Weight
270something
184.6
Size
22/24ish
12-14 pants, L Shirt
Dogs
1
3
Boyfriends
0
1
Children
0
2

Times, oh how they are a-changin….

As I approach my one year bandiversary, I’m amazed at how much my life has changed. Oh hell…one year of being banded has NOTHING on what has gone on in the last 2 weeks!


Sure, being banded has been amazing and has gotten me into this body that has more energy and is slightly more nimble than it used to be. Being banded has made me no longer a slave to food and the ups and downs and on again/off agains of dieting. Being banded has absolutely been a life changing choice that I would do again in a second if given the choice…hell I would have done it sooner if it had been an option insurance wise.


But the most life changing experience of all has been meeting Scott. I’m finally in a happy, healthy, growing, supportive relationship with a man who wants the same things I want, who is open and communicates, who helps and accepts help, who thinks I’m amazing (I can’t help but agree) and who is an amazing father, an amazing ex-husband and is part of an amazing family….


….all of which invaded my home last weekend.


Last Friday morning I left my darling little 1000 square foot 3 bedroom, 1 bathroom, 2 car garage home as I left for work with my dog in tow as I had hundreds of times before. But this day would be different. Because by the time I came home from work that night, all of Scott’s belongings would be stacked neatly in my garage. I would walk into the house to be greeted by my boyfriend, 2 children screaming with delight in their new room that was echoing due to the lack of furniture and having wood floors, 2 new dogs that were
howling in tune with the screaming/laughing children, my future MIL cooking dinner in my kitchen, Scott’s ex-wife and her sister, Scott’s sister and her husband and Scott’s cousin and her daughter….the peace and tranquility of my humble home was vanquished.


This was not a “surprise”…we had planned this little social gathering to celebrate the baby’s 3rd birthday. The timing was un-avoidable. And although I may be looked upon as slightly insane, I think it was wonderful. Scott’s brother in law kept shaking his head and whispering in my ear that I had completely lost my mind…but even with the insanity of that night, I still feel very confident about how things are progressing and I have
zero regrets.


The weekend was wonderfully chaotic. I got to know Karen (his mom, AKA Gigi) very well, we enjoyed spending a lot of time together. She took me and the girls shopping to buy things to set up my home for kids (never underestimate the value of a sippy cup!) while Scott helped his ex-wife move. The over-nights with the girls were a challenge, especially for the youngest. It is completely understandable, though, and will get better with time. I know this has been a massive transition for them and I am not expecting miracles. I am
hoping this weekend we can establish some better routines that we will keep consistent over time.


His ex-wife, in the mean time, appears to be some sort of a saint. She has welcomed me into her life and her children’s lives, she has come to my home and been amazing, she made me a Christmas gift and asked for a copy of a picture of me and Scott to keep in the girls bedroom. Is she not the most amazing ex-wife on the planet? Seriously? I am so lucky to be a part of something so positive when usually what you see are arguing ex’s who can’t be in the same room together. These two should seriously write a book or something.


I feel very blessed this holiday season. I had the best Thanksgiving EVER (I typically despise that holiday…so this is a big statement!) spent with the man I adore. He met my family and I met his and we experienced our first road-trip together. Who knew when I celebrated with my friends on New Year’s last year that this would what 2011 would bring???


And now for some pictures:

My new favorite picture of me and Scott
The girls waking me up Sunday morning
The dogs: Levi (the hairless wonder), Lilly (aka "Jimmy Dean") and my Peyton
My friend Tina entertaining the girls
Wrap dress, size Large



I have more pictures from the chaos of Friday, but haven't had a chance to upload them. Life is so busy now! I love it though....



5 comments:

  1. What a wonderful update! :)

    I am so happy for you.

    Does he read your blog?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have no clue if he reads this or not. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow, lots of changes, all for the positive!
    Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  4. how wonderful to see how happy you are! yay!

    ReplyDelete
  5. No need to worry about bank hours or bank holidays. You can transfer money as you please. Get bhim app and make your payment transaction faster.
    Bhim App
    download bhim App
    Bhim App android

    ReplyDelete