Tuesday, September 27, 2011

195 and a love life???

Weight loss seems like it’s slowing down but I’m feeling pretty good about everything these days so I’m ok with it. I’m glad to be at 195 though…been bouncing around 2-3 lbs for a while now. My clothing options (now that summer is over) are limited to 2 pairs of jeans, 5 tops and 2 business suits that are 2 sizes too big but still doable. Oy...I need to buy a few things but am afraid to buy too much (in hopes the downward trend continues!)

My calories are still ranging from 1100-1500 every day...a couple times I edged into the 1900 level but I didn’t kick myself too hard for it. The whole reason I got banded was so that I could have “more good days than bad”...and for that it is totally working. My last posted band-fill still has me in a very good "green zone".

I’m still exercising regularly, although I’ve shortened the duration or skipped days here and there when I wasn’t feeling well, which seems to be a lot lately. I am still having issues that have prompted me to schedule an appointment with my doctor. Unfortunately, my doctor books WAY far out in advance and can’t see me till mid-October. I booked this appointment 2 weeks ago. I’m concerned because things I’ve read online say that if you have “changes in bowel habits that continue beyond 2 weeks” to call your doctor. Well…we are on month 3? I posted about it July 20th and said at that time that it’s been going on for several weeks. Ugh…some “regularity” would be nice. But regardless...I'm still getting AT LEAST 5 days of exercise in each week, an hour a day. I shortened two sessions to only 40 minutes...still not bad I'd say.


IN OTHER NEWS...

 
I’ve met someone that I’m crazy about…and he is crazy about me. It’s only been a week but it’s going so well, it’s one of those “I want to shout it from the rooftops” situations. He is on my Facebook so I feel like I can’t say too much on there for fear of embarrassing the hell out of him…so you guys will get all the gory details.

We met in person on September 18th after a very brief email exchange on a dating website where he was quite humorous and obviously (I could tell from the way he wrote) a fan of a comedian that I am also a fan of…so I figured I would just go out with him and if nothing more would have met a fellow Adam Carolla fan. The date went super-well...he bought me dinner (a side Caesar salad was all I had room for that day) at a favorite waterfront restaurant and we talked easily and it was a ton of fun.

He called me later that night to tell me that he was trying to buy us tickets to see Carolla in November and he wanted to know if my disability required any special arrangements. Awww!!!! So generous to buy the tickets but also so considerate to ask about special arrangements needed!

The next day he emailed me that he had bought us 5th row tickets for the show from a reseller, which had to be expensive. I can’t believe he did that for a girl he just went on one date with...but he did. We started emailing and texting extensively, learning so much more about each other, finding bizarre little commonalities that really weirded us out. Then this weekend he took me on our “surprise” second date...and from here you can be a voyeur into my life and watch the video:



Yep...he took me skydiving! If he would have told me ahead of time there is no way I would have gone! I know I would have chickened out. In all our email/text exchanges he never once mentioned that he was an adrenaline junkie...he’s bungee jumped more than 20 times! OMG! Thank goodness THAT wasn’t the plan for our date! I’m not sure jumping from a perfectly good airplane makes a hell of a lot more sense though...but I was way more willing to do that than jump off a bridge with a rubber-band around my ankles. And by the way...this place had a 220lb weight limit…he never once asked me my weight. How crazy is it that he knew I didn’t exceed the limit????

The day was amazing…seriously the greatest day of my life. I hope to do it again someday. He said if we are still together this time next year, we will do it for our anniversary.

We are seeing each other tomorrow night (probably just to walk the dog in the park and cuddle a little on the sofa) and then Friday I am making him a spaghetti dinner and we are watching a campy movie.

We have talked about kids/marriage/skeletons in closets and everything...I’m 100% crazy about this man. I can’t wait to see where this goes.

A little nervous about him seeing the loose skin...not sure how to get over THAT in my own head. Oy...at least so far we haven’t had to cross that bridge yet. LOL

4 comments:

  1. Such a happy post. Made me smile. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awwww. I'm glad you're so happy! he sounds awesome

    ReplyDelete
  3. So AWESOME! He seems like a keeper. :)

    Have you told him about your band? I forget...are you one of the more private bandsters about that kinda stuff? Just curious.

    Enjoy that next date...I am following your updates on FB too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. THAT was AMAZING!! you've inspired me - now I wanna go!! LOL New love is so exhilerating! I wish you both the best!!

    ReplyDelete