Wednesday, July 20, 2011

This post is not for the squeamish...

WARNING!!! GRAPHIC POTTY ISSUES AHEAD!!!




I don’t feel well, and I’m not sure what the hell is going on. I’ve been having “bathroom” issues for a couple weeks now but this week they got much worse to the point that Monday night I drank a bottle of Magnesium Citrate just to sort of “flush the system” and get whatever evil was lurking inside of me out. It seems to have done the trick as I’m no longer passing mucous every time I go to the bathroom (this is what had been happening, even when it was just to pee, and then was starting to happen when just exercising!) at this point.

However, I feel extremely unwell….I keep falling asleep at my desk at work, and what’s worse, I have to fight REALLY hard to stay awake while I’m driving! This is getting scary! Today, not only am I super tired, but I’m also not hungry. Yesterday I think I came in at about 1000 calories, but only because a couple hundred were in Gatorade to re-hydrate. Today I’m under 700 and don’t want to work out and just want to crawl into bed when I get home from work. I guess at some point I should call a doctor. I had told myself that if the “system flush” didn’t improve the mucous thing that I would definitely call the doctor but that seems to be better now, but these new symptoms have emerged. Maybe tomorrow will be better???

I do know for sure that I don’t have a fever and aside from the other night when I took the magnesium laxative, I haven’t had any abdominal discomfort. I also know for sure that I’m not pregnant…cuz I checked today just to be sure.

All this not eating and system flushing has me down to 213 pounds…but I wouldn’t recommend this as a weight loss technique.

As a side note…when I was at Target today to buy the pregnancy test, I picked up a clearance pair of size 16 (not 16W, regular 16) capris that LOOKED like they might fit. Apparently this illness has my perception thrown off, because they didn’t. *sigh*….oh well.

5 comments:

  1. Hope you get better soon. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh yuck. My first thought was vitamins...are you taking enough? Also water, but looks like you're focusing on hydration so that must not be it. My doc says if you're tired it's either not enough protein or a B-12 deficiency. Try those?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Are you too tight and sliming? This happened to me when I had a bad sliming episode, but it was brief. You need to call your doc! Feel better!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the comments. As of lunch time today I'm feeling a little better but this morning I felt horrible...maybe it peaked. I might just have a bug of some kind. I can for sure say it's not related to multi vitamins, protein or being too tight. I'm getting 70 to 90 grams of protein a day, take two adult multi's every day and haven't been "stuck" or slimed since July 2. The B12 suggestion might be worth a try now that you mention it. I did talk to my doctors nurse today. I've decided that if this continues tomorrow I will go to urgent care. Unfortunately its impossible to get into my own doc since she just came back from sabbatical and is booked out forever.

    ReplyDelete