Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Lunch...it's the new Dinner

My how my life is changing.

Yesterday's "Medifast" plan went fabulously well. I attempted it again today. For lunch, however, I planned to have my usual "Happy Salad" from the Teriyaki place across from work. This salad equates to roughly one entire head of iceberg lettuce (or close to it), a pounded out grilled (and most certainly marinated in something delicious involving sugar) chicken thigh and a creamy dressing that I have zero nutritional information on. There are also about 5 almond slivers...but good luck finding them in all that lettuce. I loved this salad pre-op because it was incredibly satisfying. I always felt full all day long on it until dinner.

My new life seems to be (this is pre-fill mind you, I'm sure it will change) that I eat whatever sounds good for lunch, and then I seem to be so full that I can't or don't want to eat for the rest of the day. Not too bad of a plan, perhaps?

So I ate the salad today...leaving about 95% of the lettuce behind and using only half the dressing....so really lunch was a chicken thigh and some fatty dressing...but all in all not too shabby. It's now 4:30pm and I just had my first "I think I might be hungry" moment (skipping my afternoon snack), drank a sip of water and now that moment has passed.

Which leaves me in a teeny tiny dilemmas to whether or not I should eat dinner. My plan previously had been a medifast bar...if I ONLY eat that, I will be at 600 calories and 65 grams of protein for the day. I know, right? Too low! So if I add in a bowl of tortilla soup, I get up to 900 calories (if I'm generous with the tortillas)...but the thought of all that food is simply not appetizing right now. Wait...who said that?

By the way...I did, in fact, work my ass off last night with the trainer. I'm gonna love this investment in myself! I wasn't sure after he left if I was going to ever be able to raise my arms again, but I'm happy to say that I can...with only a slight wince on my face when I do. :)  Can't wait for the next session tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment