Wednesday, January 12, 2011

I'm so over the protein shakes!

My body is rebelling against the protein shakes. I've been nauseated all day today...took me over an hour to get my whey shake down this morning...and then I skipped my mid-morning snack and almost skipped lunch because I just felt gross. I finally nuked my soup and eating it actually made me feel better. I should probably start backing off on the shakes (like my doctor said), but if it wasn't for them, I'm not sure I'd ever even bother with breakfast. So...I don't know what to do.

Yesterday my head was pounding when I got home from work at 7pm, so I just went to bed. I did eat a serving of soup at the end of the day but skipped the medifast bar, so I was a little low on total calories and protein yesterday (770 calories and 69 grams of protein), so not too bad but could be better. I still think my calories are too low. I really am uncertain how this will IMPROVE once I get a fill....so confused on this part.

I have another training session with the trainer tonight...YAY! Very excited for this.

2 comments:

  1. it takes me an hour on average to get a shake in, if I try to just down it I feel nasous. I have most of my daily calories in my protein shakes though. they are usually just under 500cals. I put fruit in mine as well. Also I wouldn't be getting in near the amount of protein a day that I need. I know how you feel with getting sick of them. you just have to find ways to make them different.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll make a pilgrimage to the grocery store tonight to pick up some fruit to start adding to the shakes. In the mean time, I couldn't bare the thought of having one today so I ate cream of wheat mixed with milk. Not nearly the same protein and more calories, but much more palatable. I don't have any restriction yet so it's was really me just being sick of them that made it take so long to get it down.

    ReplyDelete